Platform is seeking a Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate will market and sell Platform’s services to win new clients and expand relationships with existing clients. The BD Manager will inherit a portfolio of existing clients and projects underscoring Platform’s value, but have the opportunity to design and implement much of the ongoing sales process.
Platform LLC (“Platform”) is a visionary early-stage construction company that will disrupt the $1.3 trillion construction industry by developing the Platform Method™, making the process of delivering buildings cheaper, faster, and better. Platform will “package” all the entities, contracts, and processes to provide a one-stop solution for platform production (demo, earthwork, sheeting & shoring, utilities, and concrete). Platform has the goal of growing from startup status to a 1 billion+ national enterprise by the end of the decade.
Come join our team!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, qualify, and secure business opportunities by cultivating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Collaborate with Developers and General Contractors Program Managers, Government Contracting Officers, and other decision-makers to identify and capture opportunities.
- Research potential clients and pursue new business relationships. Obtain client requirements and prepare business development strategies tailored to the targeted customer.
- Improve existing business relationships through continuous client follow up, responding to client inquiries and resolving problems on their behalf.
- Demonstrate a business expertise and understanding of industry practices and new developments construction process, delivery models, contract types to advance sales.
- Provide capture management & proposal management support, as needed.
- Perform editing and proofreading of all non-price proposal content, as needed, to rapidly-produce clear and accurate documents. Develop marketing and presentation materials for a wide array of customers and present to customers consistently to ensure a consistent pipeline of opportunity meetings.
- Travel as required to contract sites, partner offices, and other company businesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in applicable discipline.
- Five or more years of relevant Business Development/Sales experience, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas and receiving positive customer feedback.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Clear communicator and strong relationship builder.
- Analytical thinker with significant experience creating and executing comprehensive business development plans, and in developing new pricing and proposal strategies
- Detailed understanding of the Government contracting/acquisition process.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Suite to create presentations, author documents, and conduct financial analysis.
- Experience with startups or accelerators, and open-minded to disruptive solutions.
- Desired industries experience would include Construction, Concrete, Earthwork, Utilities, Engineering, and any Business-to-Business Sales/Business Development.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.